“St Therese Miracle Prayer” – 12 Top Tips to Pray and Watch Miracles Unfold
Hello dear friends! I’m so delighted to have you here today to explore the beautiful St Therese Miracle Prayer. This powerful prayer to my favorite saint, St Therese of Lisieux, has brought me such comfort and spiritual nourishment. Therese has showered roses into so many lives through her “little way” of holiness. I can’t wait to share more with you about the miraculous St Therese Miracle Prayer!
In this post, we’ll go in-depth to answer:
– What is the St Therese Miracle Prayer?
– The words of the prayer
– Its origins and history
– If it’s approved by the Church
– How to pray the novena
– Recommended intentions
– When and how often to pray it
– Tips for praying
– Why St Therese is so important
– Making a Lisieux pilgrimage
– Other French saints to see
– And how this prayer aids our sanctification!
So grab your rosary, settle in, and let’s learn all about the amazing St Therese Miracle Prayer together. Our dear “Little Flower of Jesus” is ready to bless us!
What is the St Therese Miracle Prayer?
The St Therese Miracle Prayer is a beautiful prayer to St Therese of Lisieux asking for her heavenly intercession. It is sometimes called the “Miracle Prayer” because of its association with miraculous healing through St Therese’s aide.
This prayer is addressed directly to “Saint Therese, the little Flower” who we approach as a friend and sister in Christ. Therese is invoked for her powerful capacity as an intercessor in Heaven to obtain favors from God.
The prayer asks her to “shower roses” upon our requests and intentions, referring to the many accounts of roses sent by Therese in response to earnest prayers seeking her help. We call upon Therese with childlike confidence in the miracles she can work.
The St Therese Miracle Prayer is private revelation that has inspired devotion beyond the official prayers of the Church. It captures what devoted hearts most long to ask of their sister Therese – showers of miraculous roses through her loving aide!
What are the words to the St Therese Miracle Prayer?
Here is the full text of the St Therese Miracle Prayer:
St Therese Miracle Prayer
O Little Therese of the Child Jesus, please pick for me a rose from the heavenly gardens and send it to me as a message of love.
O Little Flower of Jesus, ask God today to grant the favors I now place with confidence in your hands…
(Mention your intentions and requests here)
St Therese, help me to always believe as you did in God’s great love for me, so that I might imitate your “Little Way” each day. Amen.
This simple, beautiful prayer captures the essence of approaching St Therese as a trusted sister and for her to intercede powerfully with God. The request for roses reminds Therese that we aim to receive her loving help from Heaven.
What is the origin and history of the St Therese Miracle Prayer?
The exact origins of the St Therese Miracle Prayer are unknown, but it seems connected with the immense devotion to St Therese of Lisieux that spread through the early 20th century.
By the 1920s – 30 years after her death – little St Therese had become one of the most beloved and well-known saints. The publication of her memoir Story of a Soul revealed Therese’s “Little Way” spirituality of holiness through small, humble acts done with great love.
Therese and her message enthralled the faithful, who sought her heavenly intercession through constant prayer. Many reported receiving roses and other favors after petitioning “the Little Flower.” The St Therese Miracle Prayer arose organically from the laity’s grassroots devotion to their sister saint.
Sometime in the mid-20th century, the prayer became more widespread and officially printed for public distribution. Countless Catholics treasure the words today for inviting Therese and miracles into their hearts. The prayer endures as a testament to the flowers of holiness St Therese unceasingly nurtures.
Is the St Therese Miracle Prayer approved by the Catholic Church?
The St Therese Miracle Prayer is a private revelation and devotion that developed informally over the 20th century. As a private prayer originating from the faithful rather than Church hierarchy, it has not undergone any formal Vatican approval process.
However, the prayer presents no conflict with Church teaching or doctrine. Saintly intercession and miraculous events are established Catholic beliefs. Praying privately to St Therese aligns fully with Catholic practice and tradition.
The prayer brings believers closer to Therese’s spirituality which the Church has cultivated through her canonization and other formal prayers. It bears good fruit spiritually when prayed earnestly.
While not an “officially approved” liturgical prayer, the St Therese Miracle Prayer enjoys the endorsement of countless Catholics who find meaning and miracles through devoted recitation. The Church acknowledges and appreciates the sincere piety behind this prayer.
How do you pray the St Therese Miracle Prayer novena?
The St Therese Miracle Prayer is often prayed repeatedly as a novena over 9 days. By persistently asking for St Therese’s intercession with the same prayer, we grow closer to her spirit of abandoning all trust to God.
Here are some tips for praying the novena:
– Set aside 9 consecutive days to devote to the novena prayer.
– Find a quiet, sacred space to foster prayerful reverence.
– Begin each novena day by thoughtfully reading and reflecting on the prayer.
– Slowly recite the prayer 5-10 times per novena day, always aloud if possible.
– Offer your specific intentions, needs and desires within the prayer. Imagine handing them to St Therese.
– Close your novena time by talking affectionately with Therese and thanking God.
– Consider keeping a Novena Prayer journal to write reflections.
– Persevere in the novena until completed, trusting in God’s timing.
Let the childlike devotion of this novena open your heart to miracles great and small! Our sister Therese is ready to uplift every prayer.
What intentions and miracles should I pray for with the St Therese Miracle Prayer?
One of the beauties of the St Therese Miracle Prayer is that it invites us to entrust ANY intentions, needs or desires we may have to sweet St Therese. Praying this novena helps abandon everything to Therese’s caring intercession and God’s perfect will.
Some common intentions devotees lift in the prayer are:
– Healing from physical, mental or emotional distress – for oneself or loved ones
– Prayers for conversion, freedom from sin, and spiritual renewal
– Hope in times of grief, anxiety, doubt or darkness
– Discernment for major life decisions or vocations
– Financial difficulties, strained relationships, brokenness
– Strength in resisting worldly temptations and growing in virtue
– Reconciliation, forgiveness, and charity towards others
– Deeper trust, devotion, and intimacy with God
However, no matter what intentions weigh on your heart, the St Therese Miracle Prayer lifts them up on wings of grace. Our sister Therese listens with empathy, ready to beg God’s miracles upon every need.
When should I say the St Therese Miracle Prayer?
This novena prayer can be prayed at any time we desire St Therese’s comfort and miraculous aide! Traditionally, it is recommended to make the novena leading up to her feast day on October 1st.
Many devotees also find praying the St Therese Miracle Prayer especially meaningful:
– Around specific intentions or pressing needs when miracles are sought
– During times of difficulty, anxiety, illness, or life transitions
– When needing courage, discernment, or consolation
– In preparation for special occasions like a new school year or move
– On days dedicated to St Therese like her ordination and death dates
– Before making major decisions or pursuing important goals
Yet this prayer may become a constant companion through all life’s ups and downs – something to cling to morning and night. Therese smiles upon every faithful recitation, whenever it reaches her. She knows our needs before we speak!
How frequently should the St Therese Miracle Prayer be prayed?
This novena prayer can be prayed as frequently as you desire! It only takes a minute or two to lift your heart to sweet St Therese.
Many devotees treasure praying the St Therese Miracle Prayer:
– Each morning upon waking and night before bed
– Before or after praying other devotions like the Rosary or Divine Mercy Chaplet
– Multiple times throughout a busy day – while walking, working, etc
– On days when particular intentions weigh heavy on your heart
– All 9 days of the traditional novena leading up to her feast
– During weekends or holidays for more time to lift your voice in the words
– Every October 1st commemoration of St Therese’s feast
Truly we can never bother dear little Therese by reaching out too often! She delights in showering roses upon her friends when they call on her. Pray often and let this prayer become the music of your heart.
Are there specific instructions for praying the St Therese Miracle Prayer?
The Church grants great freedom in private prayer forms like the St Therese Miracle Prayer. However, there are some tips to pray it most effectively:
– Address St Therese with the intimacy she desires – speak from your heart, as a friend
– Slow down thoughtfully on each line, listening to the meaning
– Savor the words “Miracle Prayer” – remind yourself of Therese’s loving hand at work
– Lift your gaze (physically or figuratively) upward as you pray toTherese in Heaven
– Offer your intentions within the prayer or speak from your heart instead
– Close your eyes periodically to silence inner and outer distractions
– Repeat the prayer more than once during the novena days to reinforce devotion
– Let the spirit of childlike humility and total trust in God’s grace flow through you
Above all, pray this prayer in whatever way facilitates true communion between your soul and sweet St Therese. She will teach you her own little way of prayer!
Why is St. Therese of Lisieux so important?
St Therese of Lisieux, also known as “the Little Flower”, is one of the most beloved Catholic saints. Although she only lived 24 years as a cloistered Carmelite nun, her incredible spirituality and wise writings continue inspiring millions today. Here’s why she’s such an important saint:
– Her “Little Way” of holiness through small, humble acts of love is a simple yet profound path to sanctity accessible to all.
– She demonstrated heroic virtue and fidelity to Christ despite inner darkness and trials, modeling faith amid suffering.
– Her autobiography Story of a Soul and other spiritual writings draw so many closer to God through spiritual childhood.
– She was declared a Doctor of the Church with her embodied teaching on God’s love and Christian discipleship.
– As sisters, we can relate to her sacred humanity – Therese is a friend guiding us to profound intimacy with Christ.
– She patronizes numerous causes including illness, missions, florists, and aviators thanks to various life experiences.
– The abundance of miracles, graces, and impact on other saints attributed to her intercession shows her heavenly influence.
– Her “shower of roses” and care as a sister to all inspire tremendous devotion and prayer in the faithful.
Therese shows that a life offered fully to God, however short, bears eternal fruit. Her little way of trust and love leads wonderfully home.
How can I make a Catholic pilgrimage to see St Therese of Lisieux?
Walking in our heavenly sister’s earthly footsteps is such a moving experience! If you feel called to visit sites from Therese’s life, here are tips for making the pilgrimage:
– Plan your travel dates wisely. Late spring through fall offers better weather, but peak crowds. Allow 5-7 days to see key spots at an unhurried pace.
– Book lodging in Lisieux early. Good options will fill fast! Choose somewhere close to the basilica and Carmel convent.
– Obtain any required travel visas/documentation well in advance. Consider organized pilgrimage groups to ease logistics.
– Make time for Mass, reflection and cultural experiences. Let Therese’s spirit come alive through French faith and food!
– Schedule visits to the Lisieux basilica, Les Buissonnets family home, Carmel convent, relic sites, and other local Church history.
– Start preparing your heart through spiritual reading, novenas and setting intentions for graces sought on the journey.
Visiting St Therese’s home in France deepens devotion immensely. Let her bless each pilgrim step!
What other saints and Catholic sites are there to see in France?
In addition to St Therese, France overflows with wondrous Catholic history and saints! If visiting Lisieux, consider seeing:
– St. Joan of Arc: View her relics and sites in Rouen associated with her life and martyrdom.
– Our Lady of Lourdes: Make a pilgrimage to the site of St. Bernadette’s Marian apparitions.
– St. Catherine Labouré: Explore Paris sites connected to her life and the Miraculous Medal.
– St. Margaret Mary Alacoque: Travel to Paray-le-Monial associated with her visions of Christ’s Sacred Heart.
– St. Vincent de Paul: Visit sites in Paris highlighting this patron of charitable service.
– Other local saints’ shrines like St. John Vianney, St. Louis, St. Genevieve and more!
Let your itinerary take shape as the Holy Spirit guides you. France overflows with friends in Heaven ready to lift your soul!
Making travel arrangements to see Saint Therese of Lisieux
Organizing international travel always requires planning, especially for a spiritual pilgrimage. Here are some tips to smooth the journey:
– Book flights 3-5 months in advance for lower fares. Flying into Paris allows exploring more of France easily.
– Reserve lodging in Lisieux early. Aim for hotels near the basilica or with kitchenettes to manage food costs.
– Purchase any train tickets between towns ahead of time. Traveling between holy sites is part of the experience!
– Get travel insurance in case any last minute issues arise requiring cancellation or changes.
– Apply early for any required passports and visas – this can take months for processing.
– Prayerfully choose travel dates and consecrate the journey to Our Lady and St Therese!
Staying flexible through any hiccups, your trip will be blessed. Let St Therese guide your pilgrim footsteps!
I’ve traveled extensively. Among the nations I’ve traveled to are America, Scotland, Korea, Hong Kong, Macau, The Vatican, Switzerland, France, Milan, and all of Israel. I’ll be in Turkey very soon.
I am knowledgeable about every aspect of travel. I’ve shared a few simple tools to help you get ready for your vacation.
- Find cheap flights for your journey HERE
- A Car Rental
- Taxi Drivers
- Bus or Train Tickets
- Choose the Perfect Hotel for Your Trip HERE
- Fun Events for Your Journey
- Travel Insurance
- Phone for Traveling
Time to pack your bags! 🙂
How can praying the St Therese Miracle Prayer help make me a saint?
This beautiful prayer fosters so much spiritual growth! Here are some key graces praying the St Therese Miracle Prayer obtains:
– We imitate Therese’s deep life of prayer and total dependence on God, not self. This humility and openness to grace allow virtue to flourish.
– Therese’s trust, even amidst agony and doubts, inspires us to radical confidence in God’s mercy. We abandon all to His will.
– Therese’s intercession obtained through the prayer gives us strength to persevere in faith when trials come.
– Reciting the words imprints Therese’s spirituality of spiritual childhood and littleness into our hearts. We aspire to sanctity through simplicity.
– Therese’s miraculous aide sought in the prayer draws us closer to God’s supernatural power, manifested through His saints.
– As we pray, we grow in devotion to “the Little Flower” and friendship with a saint who was transformed by love for Jesus.
– We open ourselves to complete conversion of heart, detachment from worldliness, and selfless charity.
Truly whatever we need to become the saints God created us to be, little Therese stands ready to help obtain. With this powerful prayer, she is a giant Saint elevating us to new heights!
Are You Inspired?
Did the lessons on the St Therese Miracle Prayer today motivate or encourage you in any way? The biographies of saints make for thought-provoking reading and discussion. It’s highly likely to bear spiritual fruit in our life.
Would you like an easy way to bring up the saints with your friends and loved ones? Why not buy one of these awesome St Therese Miracle Prayer shirts that I made just for you? This way, when anyone asks what your shirt says, you can share the story of St. Therese of Lisieux with them.
They could even consent to come with you to church. Even better, you might be able to introduce them to the Gospel. Romans 3:23 states that all people have sinned and are short of God’s glory. Consequently, everyone needs a Savior.
God made provision for us to become His children by sending His one and only son to fulfill the requirements of the law. Rom. 4:15–16
Jesus had to come to Earth, live a blameless life, and die in order to offer the ultimate atonement for our sins. The Bible says it like this…
“Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.”
– Hebrews 9:22
However, Jesus dying on the cross was not the end of the story. No. He came back to life! He promises to bring us back to life once we die because He is alive. Sin and death were permanently vanquished by him. Hallelujah!
After sharing this life-saving information with your loved ones, friends, and acquaintances, invite them to RCIA at their local Catholic church.
Through the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults, or RCIA, family members, friends, and acquaintances can join the Catholic Church and be eligible to receive the Holy Sacraments. Students can learn everything they need to know about our glorious Christian religion and our Compassionate Jesus by participating in RCIA sessions given by their parish.
This is the genuine method of saving a life. I’m wishing for you in this!
For a list of additional prominent saints, go to our website by clicking HERE.
Do you have a few more minutes to delve into another saint now that you’ve learned about the St Therese Miracle Prayer?
Why not research:
- “St Therese 24 Glory be Novena”: This Shockingly Simple Prayer Will Transform Your Spiritual Life
- Discover the 5 Day Novena to St Therese the Little Flower That Will Transform Your Prayer Life
- Feast Corpus Christi: Experience the Divine -14 Facts on this Most Holy Celebration
Have you ever considered revisiting this page every day to learn more about the Saint of the Day after reading the St Therese Miracle Prayer? If you’d like to receive my daily saint emails in your inbox, kindly take a moment to join up. Since I realize you have a lot on your plate, I’ll keep it brief, but I’ll say more because I want you to take something away from me and continually strive to improve.
I’ll give you a Mother Mary Printable as a free present just for you to display in your house or office! As soon as you submit the form, I’ll email you a link to download the screensaver.
Well, that’s all for today.
I’ll see you back tomorrow with another Saint of the Day to inspire you!
God bless you,